Are Golden Retrievers Good Dogs For Apartments
Hereditary predisposition for dysplasia cataracts heart issues epilepsy and thyroid issues is compounded by irresponsible breeding.
Are golden retrievers good dogs for apartments. 29 good apartment dog breeds that fit in small living spaces. They are very trainable. Or buy one from a reputable breeder. With more space your golden retriever is a good addition to the family.
Usually females have a slightly smaller stature compared to male golden retrievers and if you live in an apartment the size of the dog can be an issue. Having a golden retriever puppy or adult dog in an apartment is not a taboo you just need to be aware of what your fur baby needs. You can also get bigger dogs when you have a bigger apartment space. Regular exercise a healthy diet grooming and a helping hand from our techie and human friends and neighbors combined will make living in an apartment a picnic for the well taken care of golden.
Golden retrievers are medium sized dogs and are usually 23 24 inches high and weigh around 65 75 lb. This barkless dog. But that doesn t mean single individuals or couples living in an apartment can t get one. You can control this habit by engaging them more.
You can efficiently train the dog while young to obey instructions. The size of your living space isn t the only consideration because many large breed dogs have lower activity levels and are more than happy to lounge on the sofa. This makes them excellent apartment and family dogs and their high energy and intelligence makes them ideal service dogs assistance and search dogs and even narcotics detection dogs. Golden retrievers are also one of the smartest dogs out there.
Remember dogs come from a burrow background. There are dog breeds that require high energy and plenty. They have little to no guarding instincts. Apartment dwellers have many dog breeds to choose from when selecting a pet.
Golden retrievers are a very popular choice for service dogs because they are friendly and trainable. Though chewing is a problem this should not prevent you from getting a golden retriever for your apartment. Golden retrievers were originally bred to go out and run all day long. Yurikr getty images the basenji is a great option when you have close neighbors and thin walls.
With training and proper exercise they can live in apartments just fine. Service dogs which are often labradors and golden retrievers are great examples that retrievers can live in apartments and thrive. They are used to small places when they come home. Small is not a problem when you can get your dog out and let them expend the energy.
- How To Train A Dog At Home
- How To Train A Dog In German
- How To Train A Deaf Dog To Stop Barking
- How To Take Care Shih Tzu Puppy
- How To Train A Deaf Dog
- How To Take Care Of Pug Puppies
- How To Train A Beagle To Hunt Rabbits
- How To Train A 1 Year Old Dog To Sit
- How To Train A Dog Book
- How To Train A 1 Year Old Dog
- How To Train A Dog Not To Bark
- How To Train A Beagle To Walk On A Leash
- How To Train A Deaf Dog To Sit
- How To Train A Dog Not To Bite The Leash
- How To Train A Dog Not To Bite When Eating
- How To Train A Dog Not To Bite With A Shock Collar
- How To Train A Deaf Dog To Stop Biting
- How To Train A Bird Dog With A Wing
- How To Train A Deaf Dog With Hand Signals
- How To Train A Dog From Barking All The Time